Family fun in Atlanta
Are you and your family planning on visiting America but not sure where to go? Then head to the northern half of Georgia and experience the beautiful Atlanta before venturing beyond. Atlanta is the birthplace of Reverend Dr Martin Luther King and is known as the economical and cultural centre of Southern America. Packed with fun-filled activities and plenty to see and do, Atlanta is the ideal destination to get your family getaway kick-started.
- Start off your morning with a relaxing stroll around Centennial Olympic Park, a 7-hectare park build for the 1996 Olympics. If you don’t fancy Centennial Park then pay a visit to the Atlanta Botanical Garden, where you can while away the hours and admire the creative English and Japanese gardens.
- Across from Centennial Olympic Park is the fabulous and widely known Georgia Aquarium. Home to over eight million gallons of fresh and marine water and more than 100,000 freshwater/saltwater fish, Georgia Aquarium is the largest indoor aquarium in the world. The aquarium also features a 30m- long tunnel, which boasts spectacular views into a whale shark habitat. There’s also a learning zone and a 4D theatre which the kids can enjoy while you’re taking advantage of the fantastic shops and a quick coffee at the café.
- The Imagine It! The Children’s Museum of Atlanta is also in close vicinity. Featuring a whole medley of things to explore and get stuck into, this museum will have the children occupied for hours.
- Are you a Coca-Cola fan? Then you definitely can’t pass on the chance to visit the World of Coca-Cola. Although some visitors deem it to be quite over the top due to it’s Coca-Cola branded, well, everything, there’s plenty to see and do here.
- Give the kids an educational tour and get a behind-the-scenes look at CNN on the CNN Atlanta Studio Tour. Visitors can enjoy the chance to explore real newsrooms and discover how newscasts are put together. The CNN Center is also home to a food court, speciality shops, a bank and post office. Whilst here, hop on the world’s longest freestanding escalator which rises an incredible 49m.
- Take a trip to Zoo Atlanta, one of the oldest zoos in the whole of America. The zoo is home to giant pandas and over 250 animal species including tigers, lions, elephants and many more.
It’s worth purchasing an Atlanta CityPass, which allows free entry to six attractions across Atlanta including Georgia Aquarium, New World of Coca Cola, Inside CNN Atlanta Studio Tour, Zoo Atlanta, Fernbank Museum of Natural History (or Atlanta Botanical Garden) and High Museum of Art (or Atlanta History Center). You can purchase your pass from CityPass.com.
Whether you’re planning to travel to the USA for business or for pleasure, you must have a valid ESTA that’s been issued by the American Government. If you haven’t already sorted your ESTA then contact Visas4USA today.
Back to USA Travel Tips